Garage Door Opener & Garage Door Maintenance in Livonia, MI and surrounding areas!
Enhance the safety, performance, and reliability of your mechanical equipment by scheduling annual maintenance for your garage door and door opener. From balance adjustments to safety inspections, Williams Garage Doors is here for all of your garage door maintenance needs in Livonia, New Hudson, West Bloomfield, Novi, Brighton, Ann Arbor, Canton, MI, and the surrounding areas.
Garage Door Maintenance Requirements
Garage doors are rugged. They’re built to withstand the elements and protect your vehicles or valuable possessions. However, they’re also carefully calibrated. Even a small adjustment can have a big impact on the door’s performance. For trouble-free service, your garage door and opener should be inspected once or twice per year. We also recommend calling a technician any time you notice mechanical issues, such as increased operating noise, jerky movements, alignment problems, or increased friction. Because garage doors rely on a series of high-tension springs and mechanical levers, they should only be serviced by a qualified professional.
Annual Garage Door Inspections
Seasonal maintenance prevents problems, ensures that safety features are working properly, and helps protect you from inconvenient malfunctions as well as costly repairs. For best results, we complete the following tasks.
- Inspections: During annual maintenance visits, we’ll check every part of your garage door and make any adjustments that are needed for optimal performance.
- Balance: Our team members will balance your garage door to prevent problems that can strain the garage door opener and cause jams.
- Lubrication: We use high-quality non-silicone lubricants to protect moving parts and friction points between hinges, springs, and bearings.
- Reversal Functions: Your service technician will test the reverse mechanism to prevent hazards and ensure that this safety feature is functioning properly.
- Visual Checks: Service technicians visually inspect the rollers, hinges, cables, and springs for signs of wear and tear.
- Safety Features: Aligning the photo sensors helps ensure that this critical safety feature performs as intended if an object or person enters the door’s path.
Garage Door Opener Maintenance
Garage door openers need maintenance too. Our service technicians can help you replace light bulbs and install new backup batteries that will keep your door running in the event of a power outage or emergency. We’ll also lubricate the chain, adjust the tension, and make sure that your remote controls are functioning properly. If your garage door opener is more than 20 years old or is in poor condition, we can help you upgrade to a system equipped with the latest safety features.
Partner with Williams Garage Doors for all of your maintenance needs. We’re members of the International Door Association, and we have many years of experience in the residential garage door industry. If you’d like to schedule garage door or garage door opener maintenance, call us today. We offer same-day scheduling and professional service in Novi, Ann Arbor, and surrounding communities in Southeast Michigan.